Next year is Oconomowoc Public Library’s 125th birthday. Design a bookmark and button that celebrate the library. All ages can participate. Winning designs will be available to the public in 2018!
- This contest will have two age categories:
- Ages 0-12 (Child)
- Ages 13+ (Teen & Adult).
- Semifinalists will be selected by library staff. Final winners will be determined by popular vote. Voting will take place in the library November 21-December 6, 2017.
- Winners will be announced December 7, 2017.
- Designs must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, November 3, 2017.
- One entry per person.
- Button and bookmark designs must be submitted together.
- Designs may be submitted physically on the supplied template or digitally as a JPG or PNG file. Please drop off physical submissions at the Checkout Desk. Email digital submissions to Jennie Fidler at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include the artist information requested on the template.
- Use the template provided (or identical dimensions if created digitally). The bookmark is 8″ X 2 ¼”. The button template has a 2 ¾” diameter. Keep text and important designs away from the button border (edges fold over when button is made).
- The Oconomowoc Public Library’s logo may be used. All other artwork must be original and free of any copyright-protected images.
- Designs will be judged on originality, design, and reproducibility. All entries must be clear and reproducible.
- Do not sign or initial your designs.
- If you include words, check for correct spelling and legible text.
- Avoid using fluorescent or neon colors.