- Regular Library Board Meeting shall be held once a month, unless otherwise determined by the Board.
- Special Board Meetings may be held if the need arises. Special Meetings shall be called by the President or by request of any three voting Board members.
- A quorum for a regular or special Board meeting shall be a simple majority of Board seats filled at the time of the meeting.
OFFICERS AND ELECTIONS
- The officers of the Library Board shall be a President, a Vice-President and a Secretary.
- The election of officers shall be held at the regular monthly June meeting. Officers assume their duties at the conclusion of the regular June meeting.
- All Board members nominated must consent to have their names placed in nominations prior to the Board meeting at which nominations takes place.
- Nominations for Library Board Officers shall be made at the regular monthly meeting prior to the elections of officers.
- When there is but one nominee for a position, the Secretary may be instructed to cast an unanimous ballot.
- Board officers shall be limited to two (2) consecutive terms in the same office.
PAYMENT OF BILLS
- All payrolls, bills, vouchers, claims, etc. submitted to the Library Board shall be reviewed and approved by voting members of the Board for payment by formal action.
- Three voting Board members shall sign the vouchers and bills to authorize payment and review P-Card expenditures.
- If it is impossible to obtain a quorum to officially approve bills, action can be taken, providing such action is confirmed at the next regular Board meeting.
LIBRARY BOARD COMMITTEES
- The Library Board shall have five standing committees, Financial Affairs, Fund Raising, Operations, Planning, and Art Committee. The members shall be appointed by the President.
- Special committees may be appointed on a need basis. These committees shall be appointed by the President, with the approval of the Board.
- The Board President may rotate committee members annually whenever possible, keeping in mind the positive value of Board members working on several committees during their tenure on the Board.
DIRECTOR OF LIBRARY SERVICES
- The Director of Library Services shall be the executive officer of the Board and shall have sole charge of the administration of the library under the direction and review of the Board.
- The Director shall be responsible for the implementation of library policy, the employment and supervision of staff, the care of library facilities and equipment, the efficiency of library service to patrons for the operation of the library under the financial conditions established in the annual budget.
- The Director or his/her designate shall attend all regular and special meetings of the Board.
- These bylaws may be amended by a majority vote of the Board at any regular meeting, providing such amendments have been presented in writing at a meeting previous to the one action is taken.
- Robert’s Rules of Order shall be the parliamentary authority of the Board and shall govern all procedures not covered in the Bylaws.