It is a patron’s responsibility to maintain necessary and proper standards of behavior in order to protect his/her individual rights and the rights and privileges of other patrons. If a patron creates a public nuisance, that patron may be restricted from the Library and from the use of the Library facilities. Those who are unwilling to leave or do not leave within a reasonable amount of time, after being instructed to do so by the staff, will be subject to law enforcement involvement.
The Oconomowoc Public Library encourages visits by children and it is our desire to make this important visit both memorable and enjoyable for the child. Library staff is not expected to assume responsibility for the care of unsupervised children in the library.
All children under age 8 must be accompanied by a parent or designated responsible person and be in sight of that person while in the library. Also, if the young child is attending a library program, we require the parent/responsible person to remain in the library throughout the program.
- No food allowed in the Library.
- No tobacco products are to be used in the building.
- No weapons or firearms are allowed on the Library property.
- Be considerate of other patrons by keeping phone ringers at a low volume and conversations quiet.
- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Offenders will be given a warning and if, after a second warning, the behavior continues he/she will be asked to leave the Library.
- Vandalism to any Library property will not be tolerated. Vandals will be expelled from the Library and held responsible for all damage caused. Parents of minors will be notified.
- No fighting or harmful behavior will be tolerated in the Library or on the Library property. Law enforcement and parents or minors will be notified of such behavior. Offenders will be expelled from the Library.
- Running is not permitted in the Library.
- Trash and paper must be placed in the appropriate receptacles.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times in the Library.
- Skate boarding, bike riding, or roller blading are not permitted on Library property. Bikes must be parked in the bike racks provided. Parking of bikes on the porch or in the lobby is not permitted.
- Animals, except for service animals, are not permitted in the Library, nor should they be tied up outside the Library building.
Those not following the Library rules or being continually disruptive will be given a warning. If after a second warning the behavior continues he/she will be asked to leave the Library. Recurring or extreme incidents could result in expulsion from the Library and possible involvement of law enforcement.