The Library maintains a social media presence to engage with the community, promote Library services and events, and share information. Content on social media is permanent, retrievable, and public. The Library’s social media is public record. Therefore, the Library retains all content and submissions to its social media accounts.
By submitting comments, photos, posts, or other content on the Library’s social media pages, patrons give the Library the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, delete, and otherwise use those submissions for any purpose, in any form, on any media. The Library is not responsible for any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of a claim by a third party related to any material a patron has posted.
Appearance of external links does not indicate the Library’s endorsement.
Patrons and Library staff may not:
- Post personal attacks or threats, or use profanity or abusive language
- Post obscene or pornographic material
- Post solicitations or advertisements of any commercial entity, product, or service
- Post comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- Post personal information or contact information
- Post a response unrelated to the purpose and scope of the account
The Library reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove submissions that fail to conform with this policy
- Access, monitor, and read any submissions on Library-sponsored social media accounts