By publishing any comments, posts or other materials (including photos) on the library’s social media pages, you give the library the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, delete and otherwise use your submissions for any purpose in any form on any media.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided. Appearance of external links does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the library.
You also agree that you will not:
- Post graphic, obscene, explicit, or racial comments or submissions, nor comments that are abusive, hateful, or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- Post solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, governmental or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial, governmental, or non-governmental agency.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes
- Post comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- Impersonate another person
- Spam, i.e. post the same note more than once
The library reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Edit or delete any communications posted, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with this policy.
- Terminate a user’s access to the comment feature upon any breach of these guidelines.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify the library against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party related to any material you have posted.