M. Krahn reported at the August 2017 regular board meeting.
M. Krahn called the meeting to order at 6:56 pm.
Members present – M. Krahn, K. Nelson, L. Baudoin
Staff present – B. Bleck, L. Radder
Sales in the Library Policy
The current policy is quite vague and does not clarify what type of sales activities are and are not allowed in the library. B. Bleck suggested eliminating the current Sales in the Library Policy and incorporating sales language into the Meeting Room Policy. The language for acceptable and unacceptable sales in the library has also been updated to include both products and/or services.
Meeting Room Policy
Recommended changes to the Meeting Room policy include:
- addition of sales language
- 24 hour notice should be given for reservation requests
- recurring reservations must be renewed every three months
- group responsibility for equipment use was added
- equipment available for public use will be detailed on the meeting room application and updated as needed
The committee was in favor of recommending the elimination of the Sales in the Library Policy and revisions to the Meeting Room Policy to the full board.
There being no further business to properly come before this committee, motion to adjourn was made by L. Baudoin. Meeting adjourned at 7:00 pm.