||H. Schick reported on the December 8, 2016 Planning Committee Meeting.
M. Miller made a motion to move discussion of the 2017 business plan goals to earlier in the agenda during reports, M. Mulder seconded.
2017 business plan goals were discussed.
H. Schick moved to approve the 2017 Business Plan Goals, M. Miller seconded. Motion carried.
December 8, 2016 Planning Committee Meeting Minutes
The meeting was called to order by H. Schick at 6:10 pm. It was ascertained that the meeting had been properly posted.
Members present were H. Schick, D. Knutson, M. Krahn, and L. Baudoin. Staff present was B. Bleck.
M. Krahn moved to approve the minutes of the November 10, 2016 meeting, D. Knutson seconded.
The committee reviewed and discussed the 2017 goals and finalized for presentation to full board.
B. Bleck and staff established measurements and timetables for each objective on the business plan.
Each objective on the business plan was discussed –
- Work with local businesses and organizations and other city departments on marketing efforts
- Increase awareness of and participation in library services in OPL’s service area
- Community outreach activities and creative marketing were added to actions
- Make library easy to navigate, and collections easy to find
- Improve process/procedures for book donations and post-book sale unsold materials
- Identify better storage procedures for book sale materials was added
- Continue to work with the Bridges Library System on e-media content provision
- Librarians continue to maintain the library’s collection
- Continue art inventory
- Support and ensure the success of “1,000 Books Before Kindergarten” program
- Continue actively promoting the program
- Continue to offer high-quality programs for adults, explore opportunities to increase and diversify adult program offerings
- Serve Oconomowoc residents who are unable to visit the library in person
- Offer the best user experience possible to all who use the library in person, virtually, or over the phone.
- Offer optimal service to those who live in the City of Oconomowoc
- Continue relationships between the library, schools, senior living facilities, home school groups, and a diverse array of community groups in the area
- Participate in at least three local community events such as parades, fairs, etc. with participation of library board members
- Explore planned giving campaign
- Update library procedures manual
- Ensure safety of staff and patrons in emergency situations
- Monitor success of recently revitalized Friends of the Library, and ensure the continuation of positive momentum gained in 2016
- Advocate for better funding from Waukesha County by working with the Bridges Director and APL
- Review staffing needs, responsibilities, and productivity
- Continue to work with Facilities Committee to evaluate and improve library facility
- Keep up with maintenance needs of library building and grounds
- Budget projects for the library by working with library staff, facilities committee, and city maintenance staff to update necessary areas of the library
- Continue walk-through with new board member orientation
- Committees become or continue to be active and vital
- Board involvement in director’s annual review
M. Krahn moved to approve the goals section of the 2017 Business Plan, L. Baudoin seconded.
The next meeting is scheduled for March 9, 2017 at 6:30 pm.
There being no further business to properly come before this committee, motion to adjourn was made by M. Krahn and seconded by L. Baudoin. Meeting adjourned at 7:06 pm.