Excellent full-time library supervisory/customer service position available. Position works regular office hours Monday thru Friday, one evening per week, and every other weekend (Library hours). $19.12 to $24.59 per hour (depending upon experience) with competitive benefits. To apply, submit online application and resume by 4 p.m. on October 23, 2019.
Responsible for supervising and coordinating circulation activities to provide outstanding library services to our community. Serve on library’s management team.
Job Description Summary
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Oversee and supervise the daily operations of circulation desk and stacks: Ensure clean and organized appearance of the circulation desk and library collections. Manage local operation of the ILS circulation system. Manage local preparation and processing of intrasystem delivery. Perform cash handling/daily reconciliation procedures. Supervise special projects in circulation.
- Supervise circulation desk staff, pages, and circulation processing aide: Train direct reports and monitor performance. Provide annual performance evaluations to direct reports. Inform and train direct reports regarding updates in materials, procedures, and policies. Approve timekeeping/payroll of direct reports. Create schedule for direct reports and ensure coverage in case of staff absence. Coordinate monthly meetings of circulation staff and pages. Delegate tasks as necessary and appropriate. Lead staff to fulfill library’s mission statement.
- Serve as primary staff member at checkout desk: Provide exemplary customer service in person, online, and by telephone. Assist patrons with their accounts, check in and out library materials, assess fines, resolve problems, provide guidance in the use of library facilities, assist with troubleshooting copier and other library equipment.
- Collaborate with colleagues daily and in staff meetings. Assist colleagues with idea development and execution, provide vision for library operations now and in the future.
- Serve as library’s liaison to City safety committee. Ensure timely completion of safety inspections and safety meetings for all library departments.
- Responsible for library operations and building during evening and/or weekend shifts.
- Recommend policy or procedure changes to the Director. Assist with hiring and employment decisions at request of library director.
- Keep up-to-date with and adhere to local and system-wide circulation rules and recommendations. Communicate system rules and recommendations to the appropriate staff.
- Serve as library’s representative on the library system’s circulation committee.
- Attend meetings, training sessions, and conferences related to circulation and general library operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Summary of Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of modern library systems and programs
- Thorough knowledge of library collection classification techniques
- Working knowledge of equipment and facilities required in a comprehensive library system
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of office management, work organization and supervision
- Skill and proficiency in the operation of listed tools and equipment; ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and implement a comprehensive library system; ability to analyze and utilize a variety of reports and records
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to use good judgement to effectively solve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lead the work of others and effectively supervise staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patrons, employees, supervisors, other agencies, and the general public
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree required. Library Science courses desirable
- Three to five years of supervisory experience preferred
- Library experience preferred
The City of Oconomowoc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
For additional information, questions, and/or assistance, please contact Human Resources at 262-569-3225.