What are the benefits of having a library card?
- A valid library card gives you access to more than two million items from the 24 libraries in Waukesha and Jefferson counties! Visit the online catalog to start searching!
- A library card also gives you online access to
How can I get a library card when the Library building is closed?
Go to GetYourLibraryCard.org to register for a library card and get access to a variety of digital library resources, like Libby, hoopla, and Gale Courses. They expire in 60 days but we're hoping you'll be able to get the physical card at the library before that!
How can I renew my library card?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to renew your card. We will renew your card for 3 months. Please come in or call us when the building is open again to extend your renewal for 18 months.
What is my pin/password?
When you sign up for a library card your default pin/password is set to the last four digits of the phone number you provided when you registered. If your card is older, the password may be your birthday xx/xx/xxxx or just all numbers.
If you changed your default password and/or cannot remember it, please email us at email@example.com and we will reset it for you.
Why is my library card not working?
There are a few reasons your card may not work
- Always use letters and numbers when entering your card number, i.e. CAFE, POCO, etc.
- Your library card is expired. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will renew your card for 90 days to give you online access. Stop by the Library when the building reopens with a picture I.D. and we will extend your renewal for 18 months.
- Your pin/password may be incorrect. See What is my pin/password? above.
- If it has been more than three years since you have used your library card your account may have been deleted.
How can I check out library materials while the building is closed?
Please visit our Curbside Pickup page for more information.
How do I place a hold on library materials?
- Log in to your library account.
- Search for items
- Click "PLACE A HOLD" next to your chosen item
- Choose Oconomowoc Public Library as "Pickup library"
- Click "Submit Request"
- Continue selecting items and placing holds
- Verify all holds are correct by clicking "My Account" and then "Holds."
What if I don't want my hold item any longer?
If you placed an item on hold that you no longer need
- Log into your library account
- Select the "Holds button" on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll to locate the hold(s) you wish to cancel
- Check the box to the left of the title(s)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Choose "Cancel Selected"
- This will cancel your hold(s) request.
These items will stay on your account for a two week period as Canceled, in case you change your mind and want to reactivate them. If an item is already Held, please contact the Library at (262) 569-2193, ext. 200 or email@example.com to let us know you no longer need it.