The Oconomowoc Public Library is currently accepting applications for two friendly & energetic part-time Library Circulation Clerks. Position 1 shift-Mon, Wed, and Thurs noon to 4 p.m., Position 2 shifts- Mon & Thurs 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. & Friday 1 p.m.-5 p.m. Both positions include a Sat & Sun weekend rotation (ex every other weekend). To apply, submit an online application by 4 p.m. on June 19, 2020. Starting $11.57 per hour.
The Circulation Clerk provides direct service to patrons as well as performing basic clerical and circulation related tasks. The Circulation Clerk is a part time position with assigned shifts during the week with a Saturday and Sunday rotation. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
Job Description Summary
- Provides direct service to library patrons including welcoming, registering patrons, checking patron’s account status, and etc.
- Provides exceptional patron service.
- Shelves and organizes library materials.
- Ensures timely handling of materials.
- Performs basic circulation tasks such as check in of materials, check out of materials, and check out holds.
- Empties the book drop and check in items.
- Processes patron fines using the cash register.
- Manages and assists other departments with large volume events to include children story time, summer reading program, & etc.
- Attends mandatory circulation meeting (1st Thursday of the month).
- Communicates regularly with the Circulation Supervisor.
- Assists in resolving patrons disputes in the absence of a supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Summary of Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Circulation Clerk Knolwedge, Skillls, and Abilities Summary –
- Knowledge of current library practices.
- Experience working on a computer software system.
- Ability to learn computer programs or software and use them effectively to perform duties.
- Ability to handle high volumes of work.
- Ability to work with patrons in a friendly and tactful manner.
- Skill in checking information for accuracy and completeness and correcting errors.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, customers, and the public.
- Ability to contribute to a positive work culture that fosters excellent customer service and teamwork.
- Ability to be flexible when needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, some secondary education preferred.
- Customer service experience and/or library experience preferred.
- Applicant must complete application process and pass background check.
For additional information, questions, and/or assistance, please contact Human Resources at 262-569-3225.