Love books? Assist the Oconomowoc Public Library working 7 hours per week preparing and processing new books. $9.65 per hour. Flexible scheduling available with supervisor approval. To apply, submit an online application by 4 p.m. on August 20, 2018 for consideration.
The Cataloging Processing Aide assists the Head of Reference Adult Services and Cataloging Librarian by preparing materials for circulation.
Job Description Summary
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Apply book jackets, protective covers, and tape to print materials
• Affix stickers to the appropriate library materials
• Evaluate and repair damaged books and other library materials as requested by library staff
• Other duties as assigned
Summary of Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately and efficiently.
• Ability to effectively operate Library computers and related cataloging software.
• Proficient keyboarding, filing, basic math, and alphabetizing skills.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously and under pressure.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patrons, staff, and the general public.
• Ability to handle confidentiality of information handled.
• Ability to perform the physical activities associated with the job.
• Basic understanding and knowledge of Library cataloging processes.
• Knowledge of and willingness to follow and enforce Library policies, procedures, and techniques.
• Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment: Computer, Internet, library’s computer system, a variety of online tools and resources, calculator, copier, scanner, fax machine, phone.
Education and Experience:
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
• Cataloging and/or library experience preferred.
The City of Oconomowoc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
For additional information, questions, and/or assistance, please contact Human Resources at 262-569-3225