Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items are items that are not available at any of the libraries in the Bridges Library System. These items can be requested from other libraries by searching WISCAT. Anyone with a Bridges Library System/Café Library Card in good standing may request items through ILL.
Limit five ILL requests per library card at one time.
Items That Can be Requested
- Audio - CDs and audiobooks
- Cassettes and albums can be requested but may be difficult to find.
- Video - DVDs and Blu-ray
- Videocassettes can be requested but may be difficult to find.
Items That Cannot be Requested
- Items that have been published in the past year due to popular demand
- Reference items
- Entire issues of periodicals (it may be possible to request a photocopy of an article)
- Electronic resources (Wisconsin's Digital Library is available for eBooks and eAudiobooks)
- Rare books
- Genealogical items
- Audiovisual items (CDs, DVDs, audiobooks, etc.) from out-of-state libraries
- Video games
- There is no cost for you to request ILL items.
- The amount of time it takes to receive an ILL item varies depending on the location of the item. On average, items arrive in two to four weeks.
- Due dates for ILL items are set by the owning library. A typical loan period averages one to three weeks.
- ILL items often cannot be renewed. If you need an item longer than the owning library allows, call (262) 569-2193, ext. 203 and we will attempt to renew the item. If we are unable to renew the item, you must return it and can request it again at a later date.
- There is a $1 per day per item late fee charged to your library account on overdue ILL items.
- All ILL items that were ordered for you must be returned directly to Oconomowoc Public Library.